Answering The Allegations

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 11:44 AM

[So, uh, our director sir came to our class. And he told us to write our interpretation of the first four lines of the poem 'The Mirror' by Silvia Plath. So instead of just writing what I felt about the mirror, I wrote my interpretation in the form of a poem. Just like I did with a Shakespeare poem back in the ninth grade (The Seven Ages) :)]


The bold lines of each stanza are the line(s) written in the poem 'The Mirror' by Sylvia Plath. Everything else, I've written as my interpretation. 


Answering The Allegations

I am silver and exact
From the smallest of pockmarks
To the largest of moles, 
I will show you all, precisely
Barring nothing.

I have no preconceptions.
You might have shabby hair
Or a bent nose or even a harelip
But I will think of you as nothing more
Than another human, another soul

Whatever I see, I swallow immediately
Just as it is, unmisted by love or dislike
You might be the daughter of a king,
Or the son of a beggar
But you will see yourself just as
Who you are, your own unbiased self
Nothing more, nothing less...

I am not cruel, only truthful -
I will serve you your reality
Just the way you want it:
Cold, hard and bitter; or
Pleasant, charming and beautiful
It's up to you to decide.




* * *

Comments (0)