View From The Top

| Posted in , , | Posted on 12:06 AM

The view from the top
Was scary
And it didn’t make me
Wanna jump at all…

That is what I went there for, though

Something must have ticked,
For my heart was beating fast
And each time it did,
The sound echoed inside me
But everything else was silent…

A bit too much for my taste
The blood flowed away
From my veins
And an unexpected fear
Of death, overwhelmed me

Why?
Wasn’t that what I went there for, in the first place?
Silly me.

It wasn’t death I wanted.
It was comfort.

Comments (4)

I feel the poem could have been blended a little more into the vocab. One advice babe- STOP using short forms like "gonna". . they kill the charm of literature.

Though some paras were OHHHSAAM. and the last line.... sigh.. wow Manta.
:)

Okay. Thanks sis, i'll stop using short forms... and i just sorta casually scribbled this is english class cuz i was too bored. thanks for the criticism, really, thank god you used more than 2 words and mostly monosyllables. :)

Makes me :)

@Harsheeney: Thanks :) [See, I smiled too!]