The Rat Race

| Posted in , | Posted on 6:31 PM

Endless lay in wait
In the mighty hall
And then was the time
To act mature
And face up to it all

What they would make of us
Was now open for debate
People were right when they said
It's not the pain that kills,
It's the wait.

Some came out composed,
Some came out scarred,
For they didn't know
How to handle themselves
And their feelings were left unbarred 

Then I was called upon; 
The den was waiting for me
And what I had made of
All those years
Was there for them to see 

They started talking to me,
But they did not feel ashamed,
Even though what they spoke
And what they meant
Were not at all the same... 

I had to forget what I loved
Was what I wasn't told,
But I found myself lost and
Bereft of thought
When they offered me gold.

Then the King and his ministers
Sent me off with a smiling face...
They congratulated me with
Abundant joy and welcomed me
To the rat race

Comments (2)

Oh God. This one, was amazing.
I'm SO frikkin' proud of the fact that you wrote this.
Excellent job, man. Excellent.
You bloody nailed it, this time.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Really man, that coming from you.. is just.. WOW.
Humbled at thy comment :)