Sweet, Sweet Psychedelia

| Posted in , , , , , , , , , , | Posted on 12:12 AM

   Last week's been... crazy.
   I wrote quite a few articles, wasted about two hours in a restaurant, discovered freaking great psychedelic music and fell in love all over again. Almost.
   So tenth grade's almost done with. Well, that's just sad. And what's sadder is that the exams - well, those bitches don't leave for a while. Sigh.
   It's been one of those really dark, gloomy, and whatever times everybody has to go through. But eh, I know I'm in a bad habit of over-exaggerating everything, so this might be nothing significant in my life anyway. And oh, speaking of significance...
   There's this online magazine called Epigram Magazine that published me last month. I wrote an article saluting the invention on the telephone which appeared in the Epigram Salutes section of their magazine. The magazine is freaking great, it's got everything from Poetry to Humour to Movies to a Top Ten List even. And it's a monthly magazine so it's even cooler. Head over to read something killer! 
    And now the real reason I love those guys is because they give me work to do - and I do the work they give me. It's almost like I don't believe myself when I realize I'm working; because working has always been a very alien concept to me. Moreover, I'm doing something significant. All I ever do is waste time and everything, but with them allowing me to contribute it's like I'm getting to do something significant. Something that might actually matter in my life. It's a weird satisfying feeling I get when I look at my article on the screen. It's so weird I can't even explain it; but I sure can tell you it's freaking good, the feeling.
    And speaking of good things, I happened to listen to Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb a few days back. I'd never really payed any attention to it, but when I heard it after eons, all the sadness and everything I had because of tenth grade ending and everything just... left me. For all of the six and a half minutes that the song runs, my soul left me and floated. It left me, and went for a brisk walk in space, and it came back when the song ended. I heard it about 6 times at a stretch. On repeat.
   I'd had my first dose of sweet, sweet psychedelia. In musical terms, of course.
   I heard a few other Pink Floyd songs as well. Damn those guys, they're Psychedelic Gods. 
   Sigh. What feeling.
   So, anyway, I 'ran' my first Blog-a-ton on 5th March too. It was fun. :) 
   And. I probably should study Sst. I mean, well I discovered Sst and psychedelic music don't mix very well, so I'm having a freaking hard time.
   I should probably sleep now too.
   Here's how the world might look if you ever happen to... you know LSD?


   


   Ciao, fellas.
   :)  

Comments (0)