Change

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 11:09 PM

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton Season 2 edition 18; the eighteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.


Change

  "So... eleventh, huh?" 
  "Yeah."
  "And science too, eh?" 
  "Yep."


   It was another one of our nightly conversations. The last one before eleventh grade kicked in; and the last one we'd be able to have overlooking the colossal guilt of wasting time. 
   We never really talked about anything meaningful. And maybe that's why I was going to miss talking to her, in the swirling wave of change that was to take over my life in the following months.


  "So you're really going to study for five hours a day?"
  "I don't know. I'll try."
  "And we won't be meeting anymore would we?"
  "I hope we do. It's ten hours on weekends..."


   Now everyone knows change is inevitable. And for a teenager, most of it happens during the tenth grade and afterwards. It's not as if nothing changes in the previous years; it's just that the magnitude of change is much greater then.
   The student either takes charge of the situation and starts acting responsibly, or he just loses it all and ends up in a hopeless vortex of nothingness.
   And while I was almost sure I'd be able to make it through, a part of me still flinched on the mention of taking responsibility for my acts. I was a teenager, right? What do teenagers do but waste time and do crazy things?
  
   "So we won't hang out after class then, I guess..."
   "Yeah. I mean no, we won't. For one, I'm not even going there."
   "After class will be sad without you."
   "Mine would be too."
  
   We went to the same tuition center. And while I was a tad more serious than her and a great deal more as a student, the amount of fun we had in and after our class was as great for me as it was for her.
   And now I was moving on to more serious things. I was wanting to take charge.
   And whether or not I'd be successful was not known to me. Yet.


   "I don't want to grow up, man."
   "I don't want to either. But we all have to."
   "So we'll all grow up someday?"
   "Yeah. I guess."
    
   Growing up is a big deal. 
   Growing up is like the elder brother of change.
   When we grow up, we set our priorities right. We change them. 
   We change our outlook.
   Things change. Things that matter do, and so do things that never mattered.
   Feelings change. People change.
   We change.
   And we learn to move on. Most of us.
   
   "So things will change, right?"
   "Yeah."


    And we were to brace ourselves.
   
X-x-X


The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.

Comments (18)

Honest thoughts expressed in a crisp manner.

Thanks for the reminder. You suck.
P.S. Don't mention it. :|

Lovely thoughts.. Smiles, mine is what most people feel in their heart but no one acts to achieve it, Change

Someone is Special

"The student either takes charge of the situation and starts acting responsibly, or he just loses it all and ends up in a hopeless vortex of nothingness."


Very true. A nice take on the subject. Good luck with the contest

I think it's you who is making such a big deal out of it..
Because when you enter eleventh, you will realize that you're still the same. :)
Take it easy, cut yourself some slack

@The Fool: Thank you for your honest opinion :)

@NGSquare: Yeah I know. Thanks a freaking lot. :P

@Someone Is Special: Thanks for your comment! I read yours too :)

@Md. Muddassir Shah: Thanks for liking it. Best of luck to you too :)

@Remya: Thanks for being concerned. You have no idea what it means to me. I hope I'll be the same when I'm in eleventh. :D

honestly such an honest portrayal of emotions and almost all of us feel similar things at that juncture of life... good attempt

I completely agree with Rem.. I freaked out too, but hey, trust me, science or no-science, you just gotta balance it well and NOT turn into a freak. Thats all, and all of us are there to make sure that doesnt happen right ;)

We all change whether we like it or not....you have expressed it beautifully.

wel dats a nice take bt to be frank, i dont really think of it as inevitable.
frm personal xperience, 10th, 12th, and 5 yrs aftr high school.....nothing has changed :)
sad part is, not even d seriousness. gues its different fr evryone!

I think today 11th standard is too late in the whole 'growing up' process!

Kids are almost born grown up!

=l
So much for evolution.

@Ashish: Guess most of us do feel the same way then, at that stage. It really can't be avoided can it? :)

@Pratibha: Thank you so much :D

@Sadiya: Haha. Guess seriousness is different for everyone. Who knows where I'll stand?

@Amropali: Yeah, you're right. Kids these days are pretty much born grown up. But a certain few like me refuse to grow up. But I'm gonna have to grow up someday anyway, so... :/

@nil: Sure, sis. I can't thank you guys enough, it feels great to know there are people who actually care. I hope I don't change. I don't want to.
I don't like change anyway, i prefer notes of high denominations! XD!!!

Things always change.. it always depends upon how we respond to it :-)

@aativas: Sure does :)