Hot Chocolate And Political Science

| Posted in , , , , , | Posted on 10:53 PM

This piece of fiction is dedicated to somebody very close to me :)


It's winter.
It's raining.
Now, cold alone I can bear... but when it comes laden with rain - that is what I cannot stand.
Books lie scattered around my room; some under a quilt, some on the floor; some open, some closed. I don't really want to pick them up, even though I'm supposed to be organized.
A cup of hot chocolate on my desk is thankfully, still living up to its name.
My cell phone is probably sucking dust under my bed. Probably. Last I checked, I had about 13 missed calls and 5 unanswered texts. I didn't want to know who they were from, though.
I don't care.
Why am I even expected to care?
Just because I'm sixteen I'm supposed to have a better understanding of this world? Of every goddamned arse who makes me think I'm cared for? Of what matters and what doesn't?
Well, I don't.
The world sucks. So does my life.
My Political Science registers are waiting for me like a bride for her groom in the early days of marriage. Only, this knot's been tied too long; and isn't going to break anytime soon.
I feel claustrophobic all of a sudden, so I head out to the balcony with my hot chocolate ignoring the pleas of my ever unattended-to notebooks. After a while, I realize this weather isn't too much to take. It's just the unusualness of the chill of the winters combined with the calm of rains that is new to me. I take a sip from my cup - Delightful, even more so in this weather.
I finally decide to heed the repeated requests of my textbooks, and I open my Political Science register. Something falls from it. It looks like a letter. I open it. It reads:
          
         Dear Oshmita,
             So you opened the letter? Good. I was thinking you never will :P
             I know you're not in a good mood these days. and whatever the reason may be,  I 
         sure do hope you'll be back. And when you are, I'll be waiting for you with open arms 
         and a look of pure retardation that you and only you can appreciate and realize the 
         true value of. 
             Ease up on the claustrophobia, will you? It's a scary word!
             Take your time chick, I sell all types of clocks and watches anyway. XD
             You need space? I'll give you enough to make a Galaxy out of! :)
         Love,
         Renée


And then suddenly, I feel... good.
I realize that no matter how many missed calls or unanswered texts I have, there is going to be one person I can go to with all the shit I have and she'll take it with a smiling face.
I take a deep breath.
I soak in the angry cold. I soak in the gentle rain.
I go back to studying Political Science, with my hot chocolate steaming next to me, and Renée's voice reading out the letter to me in my sub-conscious mind.



Comments (5)

MANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!
BITTCCHHHface! i ADORED the end.. I have a feeling I know who you had in mind with the Renee charecter.... damn bro... that was so sweet of you :")
Really liked it. I did.
and:

"My Political Science registers are waiting for me like a bride for her groom in the early days of marriage. "------ LOL. I'll runaway in an old phat-phatia if I have to but I WILL NOT marry Pol science.
Ew. Just EW.

But.....
I repeat for the 484984559050055th time.. no matter what, there's this naked honesty in everything you write. And I guess that's why, your words always ring somewhere or the other, making someone smile a retarded grin :)
this meant tonnes to me shitface,
muchhh love,
retarded sis.
:)

Srimanta.
That was.... :)
Thank you, that made me smile.. ^_^

Phew... as "-nil-" said, naked honesty, it was. I don't know what kind of post was it, I can't even judge which part of the post I actually liked - but, yes, it did bring a silly smile on my face. (Which doesn't happen very often!)

Keep writing.

@Nil: Thanks, sis. Thanks a lot. And I'd like it if you got married to Pol. Science. Won't that be COOL!? :P

@NGSquare: Thanks. :)

@Remya: Good. You don't really like things i've written. I'm happy :)

@Arjit: Thanks. I'll keep writing :)

This comment has been removed by the author.