Currently Doing The Rounds In My Head

| Posted in , , , , , , | Posted on 11:32 PM

  It's been fun here. Relatively less pressure. Everything's chilled (that means relatively low temperature too!)
  So yeah, I've been listening to - and playing - a lot of new stuff lately. New as in, new to my ears, not to the world; I love old school music. And old school musicians, too. A few of the songs posted here, I'd already heard a year or two back - but that doesn't mean I don't love it now; if anything the liking has increased. :)
  Some of it I've embedded here; I want you people to listen to this music and be jizzed out of your mind. And trust me, I'm serious enough when I'm saying this.


George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone




It's got the whole awesome bluesy groove kind of thing. And there's heavy use of a slider too, so that makes it even awesomer. This song was used for the Star World promos for Two And A Half Men Season 7 - so you might just recognize the riff. :)


ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man



Old school ZZ Top AWESOMENESS!!! The intro riff is awesome as anything, as is the bass playing and the drumming. MindJizz!

Eric Johnson - Manhattan


One of G3's most featured guitarists at his instrumental best. The licks are so crazy in this one; in fact the chords are too. Awesomeness!

Santana - Smooth


This song features Rob Thomas, and a whole lot of jazz influenced progressions and reggae beats and everything. The intro lick is, well, smooooooth. Check this one out for sure!

Tool - Lateralus




Ah, one of those songs that makes you doubt your counting skills. Try and count this one out, will you? Starts in 5/8 and goes into 9/8-8/8-7/8 during the distorted riff, chances the time multiple times too before finally locking on to 12/8 for the outro of the song, which, by chance happens to be the awesomest riff I've heard in a while. This song also incorporates the Fibonacci Series - take a look at the video, will you? It's only 9:24. :)

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage


The first time I heard this song, I was probably in, what, the 2nd or 3rd grade? I heard this while playing Road Rash, and this song is, oddly enough, rather nostalgic. But fuck it, I don't care, I FUCKING LOVE THIS SONG! This is EPIC! This has got to be the first real SONG that I LOVED without even knowing! How sad is that? :/ Cornell's vocals are awesome, so is Thayil's guitar playing. The bassist and drummer are awesome too but I can't recall their names. >.<
 And oh, this song changes counts too. Try counting the last 2 minutes of the song. :)

______________-______________

 So yeah, that'll be it for a while now. I'll come back tomorrow with another poem, maybe. But I'm going to get my report card. Oh yes, it's going to be awesome! *no sarcasm intended*

 Till I've got more things to share,

 Adios, amigos. 
 :)

Comments (0)