Cold Campfire Nights

| Posted in , , , | Posted on 8:37 PM


You used to dance around the brightly lit campfire,
Every night at half past seven,
With me peeking out of my tent,
As I strummed my guitar gently

You used to call me out, to dance around the campfire
And I used to wait with bated breath
Every night for you to do so,
And you did, much to my amusement

It wasn't just the fire, I realized pretty soon,
That made me feel so warm;
And it had very little to do with
Winter clothes or the brightly lit campfire...

We used to dance and talk, laugh and smile,
All of that before another half hour ran its course
And you went back to your tent, 
And I to my guitar

And I sigh with a heavy heart as I reminisce;
The cold winds themselves withdrew when we made merry,
But they have brought with them, today,
Memories of cold campfire nights


X-x-X

Comments (2)

Haha! This is so cool. Like, so much like daffodils %)

Thanks. Thanks a lot. :)