Rain

| Posted in , , | Posted on 10:28 AM

Rain is beautiful, seductive
Making their way down
From the clouds; the heavens
Falling on the tress, the ground, the buildings

The droplets tell stories of freedom,
Of how they break their chains, their bonds
Their courage outdoing their dependence
On the clouds, the heavens

And we talk to them
About how they light up our lives
And effect them in ways unimaginable -
Beyond the thinking of man

They cause destruction too:
Wreaks, havocs, floods
Inflicting damage worth millions,
Affecting lives in yet other ways

But we, we understand no moroseness,
For we are oblivious to other's pain
And we can't help but ask them for a favor:
Dear beloved rain, please stay forever!
                                                                                
Srimanta Mitra


[This is a byproduct of another yet horrifyingly boring History period. History sucks. Writing doesn't. :)]

Comments (5)

Eyyy, nice one there kiddo.
You remind me so much of what I used to do in History class. Trust me, my notebooks had poems. That is ALL.
:)

-Retarded sister.

Thanks a lot, sis.
You write so freaking well i almost feel like the size of an ant in front of you. neh, not ant. neutron. or maybe proton. THAT small.
And history class? See, this is slightly better than what i used to do a while back: play sudoku. but this, this is cool too. you guys have kinda helped me find the guy who can somewhat play with words. thanks. and i still have no idea how i came up with this tho, doesn't really feel like me. you know what i mean right?

-Freak Brother

Yeah,I know what you mean. And it's cool. I used to feel similarly :)
And aww I'm glad we could help even a tad bit. And shut up! I'm nothing awesome, you're just as good.
Yo I need to run, waiting for your next post okay.

-Running clumsily, Retarded sister xS

i feel there is something within you that is very deep....very philosophical...very passionate. don't stop nurturing that. it's a blessing to b different!!

Thank you so much! I like being philosophical, cuz I sure as hell can't be scientific... :)

-FranticalMe